Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton

"Darkness Becomes Her" takes place in New Orleans, now New 2 many years after Hurricane Katrina. The city has not been completely rebuilt and most of the original residents never returned. However, vampires, witches, and any odd creature imaginable inhabit the city and try to protect it from anyone or anything seeking to do it harm.

Ari, a foster child since the age of 12 enters New 2 searching for information about her mother.
And so begins a wonderful adventure that made me question why Athena has always been my favorite goddess.

The premise of this book is awesome and the author had my attention throughout. Ari is a strong, brave and intelligent female character. She meets an odd group of people who she quickly bonds with. I would love to meet them all and look forward to hearing more about them especially Sebastian and little Violet. I really enjoyed this book and I'm sure YA's and adults will too however the use of the "f' word did bother me. So I would recommend it for older YA's for that reason. Read as an ebook arc from Simon & Schuster and it will be published in February, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment